Saturday, January 29, 2011

Lovely Meeting in Cuernavaca! Spur of the Moment! hehe

We had a lovely meeting! It was the spur of the moment! But we got together with Abi (lorisandb on Etsy) and her very nice husband! Both English! We have such a diverse group! It is really pretty amazing actually. We have someone from Finland, US/Canada, Mexico and England! Whew. hehe, It makes for interesting topics and a lively group. I really enjoyed meeting Abi and we all showed off what we do. Which is really wonderful. It really puts a face on the products/art. I really loved all the work, Abi makes greetings cards and tags and they are so pretty. Karen (karenlizama on Etsy) makes the MOST lovely Silver Items. I am really impressed by her work. Being American Canadian I really don't understand how people work here in Mexico. I want to go visit her to see how she does this stuff. Here people do not use an Oxygen Torch to heat like I do. So I am sure there is alot I could learn from her. Or at least understand how she does this! Claudia (rasamalai on Etsy)has been with us from the beginning! She brought her lovely artwork and little people! Ilona (ilonaart on Etsy) has with her a whole bunch of her lovely jewelry and also prints. Me, Laura (LaurasEtsy and SupplyDiva from Etsy) brought items as well! I think we all enjoyed the visit.

From left to right: Laura, Abi, Karen, Claudia and Ilona.

3 comments:

  1. I had such a great time! I feel so happy to have other etsy sellers living nearby, and feel so glad to have come in contact with such inspiring and talented artists!
    I feel deep admiration for the social labor Laura is doing at the small rural community she lives at, offering a beautiful trade to people who otherwise would have very few options in life.
    I sure wish more people were like her! <3 ^u^ <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, thank you Claudia! hehe, it is so nice to hear a compliment! Thank you again! HUGS I appreciate the help you have given me too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live in Sonora, Mexico.
    I live by the Sea of Cortez.
    I LOVE the history and colors of Mexico!

    Here is a fun Etsy Mexico Treasury:

    http://www.etsy.com/treasury/NTIwMTA0NXwzMTUxNTY0NTQ/what-to-wear-to-the-fiesta

    ReplyDelete